Thursday, February 28, 2008

Web.com-the WORST HOSTING COMPANY-EVER!

Where, oh where, do I begin?
I've been with these people for 8+ years, and every single day, it gets worse. E-mail doesn't go where it's supposed to, or doesn't go anywhere at all, their servers break down every 15 minutes, every upgrade crashes the system, etc, etc.
I'm switching.
Why the post?
Because this is a classic case of an American company ruining themselves in an effort to save money by outsourcing.
Their call centers for tech support are in Colombia and the Phillipines.
Never been to Colombia, but much of the Phillipines is a dump, with barely literate people, and in many places, no running water or electricity, so they put a tech center there?
Genius, sheer genius.
"Tank you for calling web.com, may I have domain name?"
"Yes, it's greghopper.com"
"Could you repeat dat for me?"
"Yes, it's greghopper.com"
"I sorry, still not get dat, repeat to me"
"IT IS GREGHOPPER.COM!"
"I sorry, can you repeat again?"
IT IS GREGHOPPER.COM, GREGHOPPER.COM!!!" (this spoken very slowly)
"Can you spell dat for me?"
"Why yes, it is G-R-E-G-H-O-P-P-E-R.-C-O-M"
"Can you spell dat again?"
"IT IS G-R-E-G-H-O-P-P-E-R.-C-O-M! G-R-E-G-H-O-P-P-E-R.-C-O-M! WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND ME??????"
Oh, that's right, because until this pinhead got the job at the tech center two weeks ago, she had never used anything more complicated than a goat cart. She also began learning the English language at approximately the same time as she started the job, which means her skills are about equal to my cat's.
No offense, I'm sure she's a lovely woman, but she is NOT QUALIFIED TO BE DOING TECH SUPPORT FOR ANYTHING MORE COMPLICATED THAN A WHEELBARROW!!!!
Their corporate headquarters is in Atlanta, but unless you personally have God directing the call, you're not getting through to Atlanta. The underlings are directed to keep the customers away from the people that were raised speaking English. Unless of course, you want to BUY something. THEN they'll talk to you, ask them for help with an issue?
"Let me transfer you."
"If you would like to make another call, please hang up and try again..."
Every fucking time.
If anyone knows where their corporate offices are located in Atlanta, please let me know so I can go beat the crap out of these people for their abject stupidity.
Web.com, the biggest joke on the internet!
Avoid them like the plague.

2 Comments:

Blogger gardenhackle said...

Web.com is the most incompetent, apathetic and ridiculously lousy company I've ever had the displeasure of engaging in business.

I had/have(?) a reseller account with these dickweeds and they have repeatedly hosed up every site I've had and typically take DAYS to get a site back online.

Calling their call center is an exercise in frustration that makes a commute through a total traffic jam a pleasure by comparison.

My advice to anyone who hasn't already is to run.... and I don't mean walk, I mean RUN, to get a decent hosting company.

Every time these nitwits have touched an account for any reason, upgrade, migration... you name it. They break EVERYTHING and I am still just amazed at what I'm dealing with.

I've got most of my accounts migrated, but I can't even find the data for half my accounts anymore and these asshats are no help whatsoever.

My life would have been SOOOOO much easier if I had migrated from these !%$!#%ers years ago. But migration is such a pain in the ass that once the sites are actually live again, you tend to put it off. Don't put it off. Ditch this company.

Oh, by the way.... I had one reseller account with a number of accounts. Now I'm getting charged a hosting fee for every one of them instead of just the reseller fee. I am so mad I could just spit.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are still using Web.com
Now, let me ask you this:
Have you tried to learn a different language ever?...uhmm, let's say....spanish, arabic, etc....that's difficult, so, before starting saying a lot of "great comments".....anyway, it seems that we are going to nowhere since you are still pointing your site to web.com servers, and also your mx record.
I thought you were going to be a smart guy since you spent part of your time writing down this post, but at the end, you did nothing.....sooo, it does not make any sense, however if that made you feel Good, congratulations :D

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home