Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I been workin' on de railroad.....

Work.work.work.work.
I run my own business as a graphic designer, and it's growing, not quite at the pace I'd like, but it IS getting there.
So just in case, I've got a part time gig which smooths over some rough spots on the financial side of things.
I do both, from 7 am, until 10 pm, Monday through Friday., Then, as if I don't have enough to do, my former manager (and best friend)...(no, she's still my best friend, just former manager at the part time gig) offered me a chance to wait some tables as I do have some excellent customer service skills. (waitaminute, aw, crap, now she IS my boss again, so that would make it...oh, the hell with it)
Where was I?
Oh yes, working.
So I added 9+ hours on Sunday to my schedule.
I really, really miss having free time.
People say, "Well, you're home by 10:15, you can still get a good night's sleep".
Uh-HUH.
5 hours dealing with lunatic clientele, teenage employees, (but whyyyyyy can't I wear the railroad spike through my lip?), antique equipment, and a building that's coming down around my ears.
Could you just go right to sleep after that?
Nah, you have to unwind.
So I do some internet stuff, write the ol' blog, check out the message boards, and wind up with some TV.
I usually get to bed around 2.
Damn, is it 7 ALREADY?
I need a vacation.
Far away from all of this.
What's the Yukon like this time of year?
I'll bet there aren't a lot of people there.
Where else is damn near deserted this time of year?
Siberia?
The top of the Matterhorn?
North Dakota?
As long as no one asks me how to get to the &*%$#@ Space Needle, I'll be happy.
I'll give 50 Bonus Points for the best suggestion far away from the madding crowd.

2 Comments:

Blogger SteveTP said...

St. John's Newfoundland! :) Sure it's a little cold this time of year, nothing a Seattle-ite couldn't handle ;)
I need someone to start a graphic design firm locally - dissolve the duopoly that Target Marketing and M5 have on the local scene, and give me a goddamn job! :)

7:16 AM  
Blogger Dunnyman's Castle said...

Oh, competition?
Some plastique, a good fuse, and a little wiring, and they're not a problem anymore....hehehehe.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home